DOING BUSINESS IN WATERBURY
Revitalizing Waterbury promotes, preserves, and enhances the economic vitality of Waterbury for businesses, residents and visitors.
If you are looking to start a business, relocate your business, or just learn more about Waterbury, start by calling Mark Pomilio Jr., Waterbury's Economic Development Director. Mark is knowledgeable about Waterbury’s amenities, available properties, local financing options, and more. He can be reached at 802-793-6029 or [email protected].
To get a better understanding of Waterbury's economic goals for the future, review Waterbury's Economic Development Strategic Plan.
The Doing Business in Waterbury Guide is the best resource to help new, existing, and relocating businesses navigate starting a business and the in and outs of managing a business here in Waterbury, Vermont.
Waterbury has an incredible quality of life, no matter your interests.
Waterbury's central location provides easy access to destinations in Vermont and the region. It's proximity includes easy acess to:
- Montpelier (Vermont's capital) - 20 minutes
- Burlington (Vermont's largest city) - 30 minutes
- Stowe - 10 minutes
- Mad River Valley - 15 minutes
- Downtown Amtrak location
Waterbury is home to household brands like Ben & Jerry’s. The State of Vermont has over 1,000 state employees stationed in Waterbury. There are also over 5,000 residents in Waterbury.
Range of Activities
- Waterbury has one of the most notable farm-to-plate movements in the country, with restaurants like Hen of the Wood, Prohibition Pig, and Michael’s on the Hill, just to name a few!
- Waterbury has become nationally known for its craft beer scene -- Big Tree Brewing and Prohibition Pig all call Waterbury home. Blackback Pub continues to be named the number one brew pub in the state with rare finds on tap at all times and Craft Beer Cellar has beer bottles and growlers galore.
- Recreation is in high demand and there is no shortage of supply. Little River State Park and the Perry Hill Trails are ideal for mountain bikers. The Waterbury Reservoir is 850 acres of fun with activities like canoeing, kayaking, swimming, boating, and more available. Waterbury is nestled between Bolton Valley Resort, Sugarbush, and Stowe Mountain Resort, meaning it is the perfect convenient for all of your winter activities!
Subscribe to the Monthly Business Newsletter
The monthly business updates newsletter was created as a resource for Waterbury's business community to receive updated information on grants, funding opportunities, webinars, workshops, business shoutouts, and much more. You can read the 10 most recent newsletters and sign up by clicking through to the Business Newsletter Page.